How about use Python instead of C# to do this?

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Hi, owner:

I am interesting your work in C#, and in fact, I am planing use python to re-write similiar code, as your known, python is more cross-platform than C#?

Do you have some ideas about this?

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM
If you can transfer/rewrite this API in Python -I'm not familiar with Python at all-, I think it would be great/useful improvements for the SkyDrive developer community. Note that the SkyDrive site was redesigned by MS and the current source needs to be rewritten almost completely. Furthermore, SkyDrive API heavily depends on regular expressions and HTML DOM handler (HtmlAgilityPack). These are the 2 main components/features you would need to reimplement this API in Python - and actually these were those which prevented me to release a CE version of the API. Regards, Gabor
Jun 26, 2010 at 5:56 AM
Hi, Ghollosy:
Thanks for you answer and guideline. Recently I am researching your code and get dependency, seems http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ could help to replace the dependency of HtmlAgilityPack in python.
But as your known, I am newbie in programming of SOAP WSDL. I need research more on related topic in different language library.
Of course, if I find possible to use python or IronPython to integrate C# CLR with python, I would back to this project to discussion.
Thanks for you excellence work and code.
Ken

Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 9:44 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: How about use Python instead of C# to do this? [skydriveapiclient:216729]

If you can transfer/rewrite this API in Python -I'm not familiar with Python at all-, I think it would be great/useful improvements for the SkyDrive developer community. Note that the SkyDrive site was redesigned by MS and the current source needs to be rewritten almost completely. Furthermore, SkyDrive API heavily depends on regular expressions and HTML DOM handler (HtmlAgilityPack). These are the 2 main components/features you would need to reimplement this API in Python - and actually these were those which prevented me to release a CE version of the API. Regards, Gabor
Coordinator
May 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Edited May 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Just an update to my earlier comment is that SkyDrive API (from v2.0.0b) is no longer depends on any 3rd-party components. It uses purely system libraries.

May 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Great to hear you waking up development. :-)

Just an update to my earlier comment is that SkyDrive API is no longer depends on any 3rd-party components. It uses purely system libraries.