WebFile, WebFolder, WebItem, WebEtc.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Please,

I'm interested in using your API to do a project that involves SkyDrive, but I can't see to find information over the structure used by Skydrive. In the API you call stuff Item, File, Folder... Is there any reference I can use to understand the real difference between all those types?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno Brant

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Hi Bruno,

To answer your question in a nutshell, WebFolderItemInfo is the base class for all the other entities. Every kind of file or folder, subfolder, etc. is a folder item. The folder is represented by the WebFolderInfo, a file is represented by the WebFileInfo. As files can have different types depending on their content (I'm just following SkyDrive concepts), more file classes have been introduced to handle their very specific properties, behaviours: WebFavoriteInfo for favorites/URLs, WebPhotoInfo for photos, WebVideoInfo for videos and WebDocumentInfo for the rest of the files. Currently, these classes look pretty the same, because most of specific properties have not been introduced due to lack of time and their low priorities.