DownloadWebFile possibility

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to list the content of one folder with OneNote files, but it's empty with the ListSubWebFiles method.

Is it possible to do download OneNote files with the DownloadWebFile method ?

In Skydrive there is a possibility to download a zip file of a OneNote (is it possible with your API ?)

Regards,

Anthony

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hi, I did not test the API for OneNote files. To be honest, till your comment, I haven't hear about this application.

Anyway, I created one OneNote file using the online office. It appears as a folder via the API, but -for some reason-, the file inside with .one extension could not be downloaded, the exception message is "Unsupported Media Type"?! It needs further investigation, for sure.

Regarding your ZIP file download, well, currently it is not supported. Actually, in the response of the service what the API uses to list folders and file, there is a link which seems to be the URL for ZIP download, but so far, I could not figure out what authentication is required to access the content/service etc. behind that web address. Whatever I tried, the server refused and redirected me to the live.com site's login page ... so, I'm stuck here.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply :)

In fact a OneNote is made by a directory in witch the is a .onetoc2 file (this is the squeleton of the Notebook) and .one files (Notebook spacer).

Skydrive manage to display Notebook like a word or excel file but this not the real format.

The zip fonction is the way to backup easily a Notebook.

I'm looking for automate the backup of these Notebook :) and fond anything that can help me :/

Thanks for your search.

Regards,

Anthony